Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-05-07 Origin: Site
Ashwaganda, Will it maintain a strong growth trend in 2022?
In 2018, Ashwaganda ranked 34th. It first appeared in 40 popular herbal medicines in mainstream retail. Up to now, according to the 2021 U.S. dietary supplement market report released by the market research company spins, Ashwaganda has become the product with the highest growth rate among functional ingredients, with a growth rate of 165.5%, far exceeding the second ranked mushroom and Lentinus edodes (65%).
Why can it have such a high growth rate?
It is reported that Ashwaganda has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years. It is a good adaptive agent (an adaptive agent refers to a substance that can increase "non-specific" resistance to adverse effects on the body and stress). It is usually used to relieve stress, help sleep and improve immunity. This coincides with the needs of consumers in the post epidemic era, and is also in line with the current hot trend of natural functional plant development. Therefore, South Ashwaganda shows such a high popularity.
Can Ashwaganda still maintain a strong growth trend in the new year?
What are the potential effects of Ashwaganda?
(1) Improve sleep. A 12 week randomized, double-blind controlled trial (participants were men and women aged 65-80) showed that elderly participants receiving Ashwaganda root extract had significant improvements in sleep, mental alertness and quality of life compared with those taking placebo;
(2) Enhance immunity. After the albino rats were extracted with the whole plant water of Ashwaganda, the results showed that the rats produced more antibodies, the immune response was improved, and the mortality was also reduced;
(3) Neuroprotection. Studies have shown that Ashwaganda root extract can increase the activity of SH-SY5Y cells (a neurodegenerative disease Parkinson's disease model), increase the activities of glutathione peroxidase and mercaptan transferase, and regulate the expression of reactive protein under oxidative stress. The researchers believe that this reflects its neuroprotective effect;
(4) Antioxidant. In an experiment with male albino rats, the researchers studied the antioxidant effect of water extract of Ashwaganda root by means of Cypermethrin induced oxidation. The results showed that all biochemical and hematological parameters of male albino rats were completely restored when fed with 5 ml (10% Ashwaganda root extract) for 60 days;
(5) Others: relieve mood, improve memory, etc.